Disabling Inline-Comments

heiko.maag September 27, 2022

Does anybody know, how to disable the Inline-Comments in the Standard Confluence Cloud.

Unfortunalety it is not possible in my configuration:

https://myconfl.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/upm/manage/system

Thx for your help

3 answers

1 vote
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

Hi @heiko.maag ! 
Welcome to the Community! 
It is impossible because there is no exact space permission on adding “inline comments”.

Can you share the problem that you are trying to solve? What is your business case?

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @heiko.maag and welcome,

I think that on cloud it's not possible to just disable inline comments. What you could do, on a space level though, is to disable comments... for everyone. :/ 

0 votes
heiko.maag September 29, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ @Alexander Bondarev

Thanks for your help and quick response...

I have this "problem" because we want to open the pages to the public in readonly mode. And as far as I can see, even an anonymous user can leave an inline-comment. Thus you have potentially high support efforts to keep the pages "clean".

In my eyes, its a strange decision to make it very easy to disable the comment section below the content, while keeping it impossible to turn off inline-comments. Can you explain the idea behind that? But anyway.... Thats the way it is, I guess.... :-/

Sam Thornton September 19, 2023

Hello!

I'm currently running into the same problem whilst setting up an anonymous space - Did you ever find a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Jean-Francois Hetu2 November 15, 2023

Not sure if you ever got a response or not but after testing and digging deeper... it seems you can initiate the process of inline comment (highlighting, writing the comment in the right side) but when you actually try to publish the comment, it mentions no permissions to complete this operation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events