Disable task creation from mentioning in Confluence

Otto Tillmann October 24, 2020

Hi,

how can I prevent task creation in Confluence, since I like to have all my task centralized e.g. in Jira?

Thanks

Otto

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2020

Hi @Otto Tillmann ,

I suppose you are referring to the Tasks you can insert from the menu bar and that come with a check box?

You cannot disable the feature in Confluence Cloud. And probably that is a good thing, looking at the possibilities it may offer as well.

Suppose you manage the agenda for meetings in Confluence and convert that agenda during / after the meeting in meeting notes as well - that's a use case that's really an every day scenario for me. Meetings often - and hopefully - result in actions. Some of those require more effort and definitely some process tracking, while more function as reminders of things that need to be done (e.g. call someone to clarify a point and get back to the team).

For the reminder type tasks, the effort of going into Jira, creating tasks there, pushing them through the different stages of a process and so on is often more effort than required.

I am definitely not trying to push you away of tracking all your tasks in Jira. If you can make that work: excellent! Other teams may have a different view on that and experience the benefit of a low entry task tracking tool in context (e.g.) of just their meetings.

So in short: disabling the function is not something you can do. The feature has great benefits for the right use cases, but do develop internal guidelines on how to use them (or not).

Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2021

Hello @Walter Buggenhout 

thank you for your insight.

What I am concerned about is a known bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-59497

Because of this bug the Confluence inline tasks are not reliable and therefore it would be helpful to at least be able to deactivate this feature as long as this bug is not fixed.

That's why I was searching for a way to disable this feature until this bug is fixed.

Best regards

Franz

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events