Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable suggestion user for link to profile

Dan Steffen July 22, 2021

Hello,

we hosted a confluence with spaces for different customers which shouldn't see each others.

That's why we looking for a way to disable the suggestion of users if you use [~user] Syntax on a page. We already disabled the user mentions plugin and the the no user directory-Parameter for the JVM but when you start typing "[~John... " you still get a list of users.

Maybe I must disable another Plugin or set an additional Parameter but I can't find anything so I very thanks for a hint what I have to do.

best regards

Dan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Dan Steffen , 

just tested this out and could reproduce. 
This just seems like a bug to me, disabling the @mention plugin should (in my opinion) disable mentions completely, not still allow them with a linking workaround. 

I couldn't really find an open bug report for this particular case, so be sure to create one! We should be able to have the "browse users"-global permission from Jira in Confluence too. 

The only thing I could find were restrictions for the people directory (here) but that doesn't solve your problem either. 
I don't think your problem can be fixed right now. 

-  Tessa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events