Disable refresh on Jira tables in Confluence

Laurie Huth March 28, 2022

I have several macro tables that pull in Jira info into Confluence. There is a refresh that occurs when loading the page or when clicking refresh at bottom of table (see below screenshot).

However, what if you don't want an auto refresh and rather just want to have a snapshot that doesn't change? I know I could import just an image, but what if I want to (as administrator of the page) decide when the refresh occurs?

(Note: There was a similar question posted in 2014, but I was hoping for a more recent answer.)

Screenshot 2022-03-28 100046.png

2 answers

0 votes
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Laurie Huth 

Check out the Jira Snapshots marketplace app (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225123/jira-snapshots-time-stamped-baselines-into-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview ), it addresses this issue. It creates static snapshots of Jira data.

Full disclosure: I am the CEO of RadBee, the vendor behind this app.

I hope this helps,

Rina

0 votes
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Laurie Huth 
I hope you are well.

The Refresh button you see on Jira Macros are more related to how Confluence stores cached data on the backend server, but keep in mind this data always comes from Jira.
This KB article has more information that subject.

I don't think there's any way to natively accomplish exactly what you want in regards to that Refresh button.

You may have some alternative options:

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Laurie Huth ,

A little clarification about the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app as this is our add-on.

The app supports the Jira Issues macro dynamically: all the changes made in Jira are pulled through the Jira Issues macro to Confluence and reflected through our macros as well.

So, you won't get any snapshots - on the contrary, you'll be able to create live Jira dashboards right in Confluence with the help of our app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events