cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable email notification in confluence

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

I want to restore confluce using site backup from production to dev.

I want to make sure that it is not sending any email once i restore it.

What are the steps I have to follow to disable it before i start restore.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hi Pareshkumar,

You need to add the following JVM parameters against your setenv.sh or setenv.bat (if you're using Windows):

-Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.fetchdisabled=true

Then restart Confluence.

Cheers,
WZ

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

where I have to add thes tags

inside this at the end

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m $JAVA_OPTS -Djava.awt.headless=true "

0 votes
Kelly Abram August 26, 2014

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=768m $JAVA_OPTS -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.fetchdisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.popdisabled=true"
export JAVA_OPTS

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

I'm going to do fresh installation of confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events