It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Disable SYRACOM Secure Login for internal networks

About Confuence 5.9:

How can I disable the SYRACOM 2-factor auth for specific networks / subnets?

Is there a whitelist we can update to add our internal networks to enforce 2-factor auth only if access occurs from external networks?

Thanks
-AM-

2 answers

Yes, you can whitelist subnet(s) in the add-on's options panel, devices in those subnets bypass the add-on.

Hey, i tried that in serveral ways, but it did not work. I tried the following possibilities:

- 172.16.0.0 /12

- 172.18.*.*,172.19.*.*,172.20.*.*,172.21.*.*

- 172.16-32.*.*

What did I miss?

Here's an example of what I did:

syracom.png

With our public IP addresses blurred out of course.

Like Norman Mähler likes this

Thank you Niek,

I have the same configuration (without the public addresses, of course) but still am asked for a PIN when coming from 172.18.21.144 but not from 172.16.22.167.

Do you have an explanation?

The format is

172.16.0.0/12

Not

172.16.0.0 /12

Thank you again for the fast reply, but that is exactly how i configured it, I posted it just wrong in my first answer, sorry

Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-11-11 12-45-40.png

Any additional suggestions?

Look at the "User sessions" page in Jira admin panel. Which IP addresses are being used by users?

The first IP address mentioned is the one Syracom uses to identify which IP address belongs to which user.

Here's what our looks like (with the IP addresses of our SSL proxies, external IP addresses, and users blurred out):

afbeelding.png

Because our whitelist filter is

172.16.0.0/12,194.█.█.█/22,185.█.█.█/22

only the user with the IP address "3.█.█.█" will get to see the Syracom 2FA.

Like Norman Mähler likes this

Thank you, this information was very helpful, we could find the source of our problems lying in our network configuration so I ended up with an other IP on the server than my system has in the network.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

306 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you