Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Public Access to Confluence

Deleted user March 3, 2014

Hi,

I've disabled public access to confluence by revoking Use Confluence permission to Anonymous Users in Global Permissions

But on the sign-in window users still see a message "No username and password? Sign up here" which takes them to a sign-up form, although pressing the "sign up" button at the end doesn't do anything.

Is there a way to disable this form - we shouldn't be saying "sign-up here" if they can't

thanks,

Mark.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Your welcome Mark,

I modified my previous answer style.

I think you can refer to "Adding and Inviting User". They briefly explain how to allow people to signup. You can use this documentation based on your need.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Saleh

Excellent - thanks. The User Signup Options tab was exactly what I was after. Funny, I hadn't noticed it before.

Thanks.

0 votes
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Hi Mark,

To disable anonymous access to your site:

1. Choose the cog icon at top right of the screen, then choose Confluence Admin.
  2. Choose Global Permissions in the left-hand panel.
  3. Choose Edit Permissions.
  4. In the 'Anonymous Access' section, deselect the check box to disable anonymous access to the content on your site.
  5. Chose Save All.

Note: You must grant the 'can use' permission as well, if you want to grant the 'View User Profiles' permission.

You can refer to this KB for more information

Cheers,

Saleh

Thanks, that's exactly what I've done (see my original question at the top of this thread).

But users still see the "No username and password? Sign up here" message on the login page which takes them to a sign-up form. Why is this still appearing?

smcdonald20 May 17, 2018

I am also having this issue in Confluence 6.2.0.  Is there a way to remove this from the login screen?

Public access has been disabled.

0 votes

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I had already read that article, but in my Edit Security Configuration screen there is no checkbox for "Public Signup".

I assumed the documentation was out of date? Else why am I not seeing this? (see attached screenshot)

thanks,
Mark.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

what is the confluence version?

we're on 5.4.2

0 votes

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I had already read that article, but in my Edit Security Configuration screen there is no checkbox for "Public Signup".

I assumed the documentation was out of date? Else why am I not seeing this? (see attached screenshot)

thanks,
Mark.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

To enable or disable public signup:

1. ChooseBrowse>Confluence Admin.
  2. SelectSecurity Configurationin the left-hand panel.
  3. ClickEdit.
  4. Tick thePublic Signupcheckbox to enable public signup. Clear the checkbox to disable public signup.
  5. ClickSave.

check the following doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF41/Enabling+or+Disabling+Public+Signup

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events