Disable Pop Up Notification

Masi August 19, 2021

Hi everyone,

I am searching for a solution for these Pop Ups.

When I change anything on my sites, I get these Pop Ups in the left corner.

Does anyone know how to disable that?

confluence.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Chris Jones February 27, 2024

I really, really hate this 'feature' - click the Update button, get  popup that has to be dismissed telling me what I just did - I ALREADY KNOW WHAT I JUST DID, I JUST DID IT! Ditto for moving issues, and all sorts of things.

Really bad for workflow, why can it not be disabled? What is the point of it? If I had the responsibility of choosing the issue tracker for my organisation this feature alone would drive me to a different company's offering. It gives the impression that the Atlassian developers don't use their own software.

Kieran Murphy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

I agree Chris. The amount of distracting popups/popovers is crippling in Confluence - it is certainly making me question whether we should persist with it as a platform.

Like Andrew OConnor likes this
0 votes
RCSA March 3, 2023

Such a fricking annoying "FEATURE". Equally bad to the constant popup for how was your editing experience.

WTF Atlassian

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2021
Masi August 20, 2021

Hi, thanks ! That is certainly what I was looking for !!

Although I cant access darkfeatures even tho I am also the org Admin

Any Ideas?
I tried to access my URL/admin/darkfeatures.action but i get an Error.

I am running the Cloud Version of Confluence

Matt Goulet October 14, 2021

Have you found a solution to this? I can hardly work with the page tree with the endless popups. They aren't remotely useful - moved a folder, renamed a folder, copied a link to a folder!

In fact, I had a hard time posting this question because the Atlassian site uses popups for useless notifications, too! Someone over there went crazy when they put this feature in place. Less is more! Ok, rant over - sorry to hijack your thread.

Like # people like this
John Viviano October 27, 2021

Couldn't agree more. It makes the tree so difficult to use, especially when you are editing nodes at the bottom of the page, close to where the toast pops up. I end up clicking the toast and my tree node ends up in the wrong place. I'd be happy not to have the message at all, but short that, it would help if the toast popped up centered horizontally on the page rather than over the tree. 

Like # people like this
Masi October 31, 2021

As far as I have researched... You cant disable it if Conflunce is hosted... If you are hosting it yourself, you will have access to these other admin functions.. :/
Correct me if I am wrong pls :)
Greetings

Tim March 7, 2022

the endless pop up is nothing but annoying. 

Like # people like this
Richard Tovell May 22, 2022

It's almost like this whole system has been designed by people who never actually use it. I am trying to reorganise a massive amount of Confluence spaces and these incessant pop-ups just make it harder. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events