Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Filter-Options for Viewers in public mode

Christian Peters November 26, 2020

Hi folks,

I set up a table and I want certain columns not to be seen.

Let's say my table has 5 columns and the columns 4 and 5 are not supposed to be seen in public.

My problem is, that the Filter-Button on the very right side of the table offers the function "Reset all filter" for everyone, even the viewers - by using this function the columns 4 and 5 can be seen by everyone.

Is there a way to not allow filtering by viewers or in public mode in general?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Hi @Christian Peters ,

The workaround may be to hide the control button for the Table Filter macro - please check the guide here.

And you may also change the filters' displaying mode (set it to headers as you are having it now, filtration panel or hide everything at all).

1 vote
Vadim Yakovlev July 29, 2021

What's worked for me is the use of a Table Filter Macro with the following settings:

In the Filters tab check the Hide Columns checkbox

Then under the Filtration tab (in Set filters' default values), specify the column(s) you wish to hide

Hope this helps

Vadim Yakovlev July 29, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 8.42.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-29 at 8.43.22 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events