Disable Email Notifications from a Single Page

We have a page in Confluence that we are using to store some passwords on. When a password is updated, the person updating the password usually does not check (or unchecks) the "Notify watchers" check box, but in cases where that person forgets, it sends an email that alerts all the watchers of the changes. The page is restricted and the watchers are all ok to know that the changes were made, but the email itself is the security concern.

We don't want all the passwords saved locally in peoples' email. Also email could be unencrypted so technically it could be intercepted on the network, being that email is internet facing they would then in turn have passwords.

Does anyone know of anyway to permanently disable notifications on singular pages or have ideas for a work around?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello Kwiers,

I believe not, Confluence is designed to be a Enterprise Wiki, so this would go a little against it. But it should be possible with a feature.

In another option you could use Mail through SSL.

Cheers,

Guilherme

I had a similar requirement i want to stop mail notifications from a single page and that page is daily edited by a batch process.
Is it possible to stop notifaictions using API

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

388 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you