Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Email Notifications from a Single Page

K December 16, 2012

We have a page in Confluence that we are using to store some passwords on. When a password is updated, the person updating the password usually does not check (or unchecks) the "Notify watchers" check box, but in cases where that person forgets, it sends an email that alerts all the watchers of the changes. The page is restricted and the watchers are all ok to know that the changes were made, but the email itself is the security concern.

We don't want all the passwords saved locally in peoples' email. Also email could be unencrypted so technically it could be intercepted on the network, being that email is internet facing they would then in turn have passwords.

Does anyone know of anyway to permanently disable notifications on singular pages or have ideas for a work around?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Hello Kwiers,

I believe not, Confluence is designed to be a Enterprise Wiki, so this would go a little against it. But it should be possible with a feature.

In another option you could use Mail through SSL.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Vijay Krishna B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

I had a similar requirement i want to stop mail notifications from a single page and that page is daily edited by a batch process.
Is it possible to stop notifaictions using API

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events