Disable Confluence spell checker.

Dirk Brutscher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

Hi,

is it possible to disable the built in spell checker? We have the problem, that we use the english ui but our content is always in german.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Kellner October 27, 2015

Spell checker? Is it a new feature? Usually the spell checker comes out of your browser. You have to disable it there. But you can select different languages to spell check. If German is missing you can add a German dictionary. I'm German too and I do some in-house translations so I can switch between the two languages.

Dirk Brutscher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

*lol* never thought that that is a browser "feature".

Martin Kellner October 27, 2015

It is a great workaround for a missing feature. .... https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1212

Deepak Patnaik March 16, 2018

This advice was useful to me. Thanks. 

0 votes
Tshahé Anongba Varela May 20, 2020

Hello everyone

Please I still would like to disable the spell checker. 

Your help is very welcome,

Tshahé

0 votes
Gavin Bunney April 19, 2016

Check out the new spell check plugin [Spellproof for Confluence|https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/au.net.bunney.spellproof.plugins.spellproof-confluence/server/overview] now available on Atlassian's Marketplace.

You can check spelling and grammar on your Confluence pages in three different languages - English, French and German. 

gabriel.benavides January 10, 2018

For my languaje (spanish) is not available then I need to deactivate this tool any idea?

Like Tshahé Anongba Varela likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events