Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Confluence shortcut keys

MPal Pal September 12, 2012

Is there a way to do this please?

Right now when I view my docs and accidently press [ key, the left navigation panel disappears. It's a bit confusing to users.

Thanks

4 answers

3 votes
Matthew Erickson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2012

Hi MPal,

You do not need to modify the Jar file if you just want to disable a shortcut. To disable a shortcut do the following:

1 . Go to the admin console.

2. Select plugins.

3. Click on 'Show System Plugins'.

4. Search for the 'Confluence Keyboard Shortcuts Plugin' and expand it.

5. Click on 'Manage plugin modules' to see the individual modules

6. Each shortcut will have it's own module that can be disabled. The one you want is called 'Toggle Navigation Panel'

Michael Witten June 17, 2020

We are using Confluence 6.14.1 and this no longer seems to be an option. Is there an equivalent of this now or has the feature been removed? I need the paste as plain text feature in chrome (ctrl+shift+v), but Confluence takes over it with its own shortcut (paste table row).

Alternatively, does confluence have a paste as plain text keyboard shortcut option (I'm not seeing one in the help)?

Thanks

0 votes

thanks Mark. This works well :)

Ideally, you guys should enable user to configure this through the UI

0 votes

Thank you Mark. This guide is to change ctrl+alt+q to ctrl+alt+y.

Not really specific on what I want to do. :(

Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2012

I'm sorry, you are right. I thought the page was a generic explanation, but it is really just a specific example.

To make the change you want:

• The jar file to look for is /WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/confluence/setup/atlassian-bundled-plugins/confluence-keyboard-shortcuts.jar
  • The file you need within that jar is called atlassian-plugin.xml
  • It contains an element <keyboard-shortcut key="toggle.navigation.panel">
  • Either remove the entire element, or else change the shortcut to another key.
  • Follow the instructions to save these changes and restart Confluence.

Hope that is enough info - let me know if you need anything more.

Cheers,
Mark

0 votes
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2012
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2012

I'm sorry, you are right. I thought the page was a generic explanation, but it is really just a specific example.

To make the change you want:

• The jar file to look for is /WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/confluence/setup/atlassian-bundled-plugins/confluence-keyboard-shortcuts.jar
  • The file you need within that jar is called atlassian-plugin.xml
  • It contains an element <keyboard-shortcut key="toggle.navigation.panel">
  • Either remove the entire element, or else change the shortcut to another key.
  • Follow the instructions to save these changes and restart Confluence.

Hope that is enough info - let me know if you need anything more.

Cheers,
Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events