Directly attach a file to Outlook that is stored only in Confluence (how to?)

Mauri Sutton November 9, 2017

Normally I open an outlook message. Browse my PC to find the attachment I want, and then send it to someone.

Now we store many docs exclusively in Confluence. But the person I am sending to does not use Confluence.

Is there a direct way for me to attach that document to my Outlook message?(other than going to Confluence, saving the file to the PC, then attaching the file to the Outlook message)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

Hey Mauri, please check if the WebDAV functionality (if you're running on Server) could be a possible solution for you

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-a-webdav-client-to-work-with-pages-200704169.html

Mauri Sutton November 10, 2017

Thanks Max - I am looking into it with my admin. Looks like what I want though.

Thanks Max - My admin showed me how to map to confluence (assign a drive letter). This worked and it is fantastic. All the benefits of the old system (easy to drill to and duplicate files and drag and rename etc) but all the benefits of confluence too (searchability, revision history, labels, etc)

1 vote
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Hi Mauri,

I'm with the Comalatech team, and we have an app that might solve your problem.

Comala Share It lets you create shareable links you can send to users outside Confluence. When they open the link in a web browser they'll see your content rendered exactly how it is inside Confluence. This way you can simply email people links to your content. 

Let me know if I can answer any questions about it for you.

Thanks Mike - My admin showed me how to map to confluence (assign a drive letter). This worked and it is fantastic. All the benefits of the old system (easy to drill to and duplicate files and drag and rename etc) but all the benefits of confluence too (searchability, revision history, labels, etc)

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Awesome, glad you got it sorted out! 

0 votes
Mikael Stålberg February 28, 2022

Hi. Does anyone know if there is an instruction somewhere on above solution " map to confluence (assign a drive letter)"?

Im myself trying to solve "drag&drop"-similar functionality to attach documents stored on confluence to an open outlook message

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events