Different fonts

Krista_McGruder April 23, 2020

I have only one font in my Confluence and it's bone ugly. Plus, I have all of six sizes, all ugly themselves, to choose from. How do I get more fonts and size options?

This tool is very limited and fine, if it has to be limited, why can't at least the font be good?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

Hi @Krista_McGruder 

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the fonts. 

But to change the fonts, you need admin permission.

I think, there are two options for your administrator. 

1. Styling Fonts in Confluence 
  2. Webfonts for Confluence (Free Plugin) 

I like and would recommend the first option. But I think you are restricted to some preinstalled web fonts, and not your own customized fonts. 

Hope this gives an alternative.

Regards, Dominic

It's ok. After today, I have decided I'll build what I can in SharePoint and port over the images. Anything I can't build in SharePoint won't be a function on any pages in the space given Confluence's extremely limited offerings. I can redirect the users to SharePoint for everything Confluence can't do with a link that says: "Confluence can't do this. Please follow this link to SharePoint, which can."

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2020

I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience, and have chosen to use the place where documents go to retire instead of a live wiki.

If you can't do it in Confluence, there's probably a good reason, like "it's not useful".

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hello Krista,

Besides the information that @Dominic Lagger sent you, I also wanted to let you know that we have a feature request to be able to select additional fonts in the UI.

You can vote on this feature from the link below.

• CONFSERVER-5309 Add font selection capabilities to WYSIWYG editing and Wiki markup modes

Thank you again for the suggestion!

Shannon

Like # people like this
0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

This is a simple, expandable approach for a user macro to set font color and size.
It is easy to expand the font.

You had to create your own user macro.

Macro is rendered.

## @param Colour:title=colour|type=string|default=green
## @param Size:title=size|type=string|default=20pt
<span style="color: $paramColour; font-size: $paramSize">$body</span>

Not allowed to do anything of the sort.

How do I get colors and fonts in my version? The ones I have are atrocious.

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2020

Without appropriate user rights, there is no chance.

Confluence attaches importance to content, functionality and uniformity. Various fonts, colors and other gadgets only disturb.

Like # people like this

Wow. Confluence is awful. The answer should never be to the customer: there is "no chance."
 You would think Atlassian would want their paying customers to have a chance.

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2020

You have a chance if your administrator provides you with the rights or the appropriate tools.
It has nothing to do with Atlassian or Confluence.
It seems that your company does not want anything more than the basic functionality of Confluence to be available.

Then what do you suggest I ask for? Admin rights are out of the question but they might be wiling to buy me something. What should I ask for to get a choice of fonts and colors, you know, the stuff that should be basic with each license. The upsell from Atlassian is abysmal

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2020

Tell your admin what you need and he will tell you whether he can or will provide it to you.
Various extras are associated with extra costs.

Have you ever looked at the demonstration space in your confluence?

We don't have a demonstration space.

My admin is a female so "she" is appropriate.

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2020

Every Confluence has a demonstration space as standard.

By default, everyone has read rights there

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hi Repi,

To clarify, not all sites will have a Demonstration Space. Upon setup, the admin is presented with the option to install an Empty site, or an Example site. The Example site is the method that includes the Demonstration Space. It's also possible that the admin has since deleted the Demonstration Space since going live.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 4.20.55 PM.png

@Krista_McGruder, although the Demonstration Space is usually a great place to get an idea of how your Confluence spaces can look, I would recommend also checking out the following pages:

Here, you can see how others have customized Confluence for use with their company.

Hopefully, that will give you a good idea of how Confluence can look and how others use it!

Take care,

Shannon

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2020

Already looking for apps in the marketplace?

Confluence_Marketplace.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events