Difference between Files and Attachments

ANACLETO DELEON
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

New to using Confluence and I am not sure if it is working as designed or I am not doing it right.  What is the difference between Files and Attachments?  I noticed that when I'm in PAGES, in the right top side of the screen, if I click on the 3 dots,  there is Attachments.  Then, there is also the Files.  What's the best way to use these?  I mean, on the left pane, there is shortcut for File list, then there is Page Tree with File List

2 answers

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2024

@ANACLETO DELEON Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I believe that you are seeing File lists in the Page Tree because someone made a page with the title of File lists. The space admin then added a shortcut to this page to appear in the Space Shortcuts. If you look at this page (and its child pages), you can see who owns the page and contact them to find out their intention for these pages.

Attachments is a Confluence feature, allowing you to manage files that have been uploaded (attached) to the page. You can refer to this page for more information: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/upload-and-manage-files/ 

0 votes
ANACLETO DELEON
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

Confluence.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events