Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the default text color change, and is there a way to change it back?

Jerry Lupo October 11, 2018

It appears that the default text color of Confluence, for the default template, has changed.  There is an ever slight blue tinge to it.  Looking at the source code, a class has been applied around the body of the text which is altering the color.

.gPlslk {
      background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
      color: rgb(9, 30, 66);
}

Especially to us designers / color sensitive people, this is super annoying.  Not only does it not match with the surrounding text on the page (headers default to #333, for instance), but it also doesn't match with the editor page (which is also #333).  So what you see in the WYSIWYG isn't what you get.

Any way to alter that, or request a reversion?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

You can update the global stylesheet in the admin console (under Look and Feel). Docs are here: styling-confluence-with-css

Jerry Lupo October 12, 2018

Thanks  @Bill Bailey, however, the options that they mention there are not available for me.  I'm a site administrator, yet there is no option such as this.

Choose > General Configuration > Stylesheet

We're using the hosted option, in case that matters.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Yeah, the tag said Confluence. I just added cloud (probably want to delete the Confluence tag).

And you are SOL without some real cleverness. I am not a fan of the hosted version given all the limitations (the main one being lack of user macros), plus being forced to new versions.

Maybe there is a way through the color settings to make the change.customizing-color-schemes

Jerry Lupo October 12, 2018

Thanks for the advice on the different tags.  So yeah, Atlassian itself made a change to the default color of text on cloud and its annoying.    I guess I'll just write them w/ the suggestion.

Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2018

Hey Jeremy,

Just passing to drop this newly created bug about this subject in our Jira channel: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65230

Feel free to add any feedback there! We have internally linked this post to let the developers know about it. :)

Cheers, 

Giu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events