Diagramly Page HIstory (Confluence Plugin)

JamesR January 3, 2013

Is there an inline method for Page History on diagramly diagrams?

I was hoping that -- with Diagram "X" -- that any changes would show within the Confluence page history.

7 answers

1 vote
Trevor_Horsfall September 22, 2013

Going back to the first question: Is there an inline method for Page History on diagramly diagrams?

Put another way, how can I see the history of changes to a Diagramly diagram, and revert to one of my choosing?

As far as I can tell, the only way to do this would be to download the XML file for the appropriate version, edit the current version and import the older XML file. But this doesn't seem to be a viable option either, as it seems that the initial versions of the diagram are not recorded in the attachment history. This is all very weird...

0 votes
Troy Barry August 4, 2014

I too am struggling with this issue but it seems through my investigation the xml history was removed when I renamed or deleted a diagram.

Prior to that, the history of all of the changes is stored on the page under the attachments. Clicking the > next to the Diagramly xml will reveal all of the previuos versions, which then can be downloaded and reimported into Diagramly to get to a previuos version.

There's no other way to restore them, that I could find, other than this method.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

We're going to add in in-app revision control to the editor. We've raised the priority of the issue so it gets started eariler, we've had a few comments about problems in this area, now.

0 votes
David Benson January 6, 2013

There's an edit icon to edit the current diagram under the diagram.

0 votes
JamesR January 6, 2013

Thank you so much for asking this question: I was hoping for the latter (so that a user could adjust / build / edit the most recent native diagram version).

Please let me know if I've done something wrong.

0 votes
JamesR January 6, 2013

Thank you so much for asking this question: I was hoping for the latter (so that a user could adjust / build / edit the most recent native diagram version).

Please let me know if I've done something wrong.

0 votes

Do you mean an image of the diagram at each save or the whole native diagram so that it's possible to revert to a previous version?

0 votes

Do you mean an image of the diagram at each save or the whole native diagram so that it's possible to revert to a previous version?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events