Detected tables with non-default collation. But which one it is?

Hello guys,

confluence was running fine on our server till I started the update to 5.2.5 today. Since then it doesn t start anymore, but greets me with with an error page, telling that one of the tables use non-default collation. I went forth and looked for it in phpmyadmin, but all tables I can see are utf8_bin and also all the fields in the tables are formated correctly.

Since the logs do not give further information, maybe somebody has an idea to track this down?


kind regards,

2 answers

Well I actually answered this myself. It was not a collation problem at all. For some reason one of my tables did have different structure compared to a new Confluence installation. So I dumped the database from a new installation, structure only. Imported it and put my data in, everything was fine again.

Quite sad actually!

Same problem here today.

Did you find any clues ?

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

253 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you