Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Confluence on Glassfish

Lukas Jancek January 12, 2018

Hello.

I would like to ask about deploy Counfluence 5.5.7 on my existing Glassfish server. I downloaded confluence war/ear file and I have changed ivariable confluence.home in /confluence/WEB/INF/classes/confluence-init.properties   on /var/confluence. Then I did ./build.sh and in output is everything OK. Then I deploy war on the glassfish server and when I open the site for installation I got error : 

Type : bootastrap

Description :  Could not load bootstrap from environment

Exception : 

IllegalStateException: Setup context has already been initialised

and in log I have Multiple JSF applications found on same ClassLoader. Unable to safely determine which FactoryManager instance to Use. Defaulting to first match.

But I dont know if this error message from server.log has something common with error from confluence.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2018

Hi Lukas,

I am not an expert on Glassfish, hopefully someone else in the Community knows more.

Please let me know more about your requirements. Confluence 5.5.7 has been end of life for several years and lacks recent features and bugfixes. It's a bad bet for Production because end of life versions are not eligible for support outside the Community forum.

If you upgrade to a supported version in the future you will have to migrate off the EAR WAR distribution. It was last available in Confluence 5.6 (EOL):Deprecated distribution for Confluence (2 September 2014) The current Confluence version is 6.6.1.

If you need step by step instructions to install the Confluence  5.5.7 EAR/WAR distribution we have this guide: Installing the Confluence EAR-WAR Edition

Please consider using the Tomcat application server bundled with Confluence rather than the EAR/WAR version.

Please make sure you have the supported platforms in place for Confluence 5.5.x if you do instal it: Supported Platforms

Thanks,

Ann

Lukas Jancek January 15, 2018

Hi Ann

I have already gave up with Glassfish because the latest EAR/WAR is really old. Now I try to install confluence on Tomcat.

Thanks for your reply

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events