Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a space to free up the storage

Sandesha J January 13, 2021

Hi, I am using a free tier confluence cloud. It is showing that my storage is exceeded. So, I went and deleted a space. But the storage is not freeing up. How can I free up the storage to continue in the free tier?

3 answers

0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Sandesha J - like all the answers above make sure you delete/purge your files from the Space Tools, after you deleted some Spaces. Deleting the files from a space its not the only thing you need to do to reduce the storage used, you also need to purge them.

0 votes
Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Your storage is exceeded not because of many spaces and pages but due to lot of files being uploaded. You have probably exceeded the limit of 2GB. So, in order to resolve the issue, you either delete/remove some files or upgrade your instance.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Alex Fox January 13, 2021

Storage limits relate to file storage rather than space count. Do you have any files attached to pages anywhere that could be exceeding the limit (2GB)?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events