Deleting Confluence pages automatically after a certain period of time?

Tsuyoshi Ito September 12, 2011

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if there is any way to delete Confluence pages automatically after a certain period of time?

I have found this plugin, but this is slightly different what I expect.

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/123

Thanks

tito

2 answers

2 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

You are on the right track! You can actually do this by combining the Archiving Plugin with CLI.

It requires two steps, but it is dead simple:

1. Set up the Archiving Plugin to archive the pages that should be deleted. Please note that this will move the pages to spaces whose name ends with "(Archive)". Configure the Confluence managed archiving job to run at 01:00AM, for instance.
  2. Set up CLI to delete all spaces whose name ends with "(Archive)"! Configure a cron job to run it at 05:00AM, for instance. (It leaves 4 hours for archiving to complete, which is more than enough even for very large Confluence instances.)

Voila! You have clean content each morning by 05:10AM!

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2011

You didn't explain what you expected and why the plugin didn't do what you wanted, so it is hard to say what you are looking for. Specifically, what criteria determines whether a page should be removed? You can use Confluence Command Line Interface to script logic to make determine what needs to be removed and use removePage. Optionally, you can save the page source to a file or copy it to some other space or Confluence instance before you remove it. If you can construct a select statement against your Confluence database for pages that need to be archived, then it is easier to use the runFromSql action to do the archiving and removals.

Tsuyoshi Ito September 13, 2011

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for your advice. Yeah, I also notice my question was not clear enough to ask. Sorry for that.

Anyway, I think Confluence Command Line Interface is the good place to start. Let me play with this first, then.

Again, thank you so much for your prompt assistanse. I appreciate it a lot.

tito

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events