cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete orphaned pages

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2014

Hi,

A user deleted a page with many subpages. All these subpages are now orphaned pages. How can I easily delete them all? Or is that not possible, do I have to delete them one by one?

I do not want to mess in the database.

Would a restore of the parent page from trash help?

Thanks,

Patrick

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2014

Hi Patrick,

Since the root page was deleted, I believe that even restoring it would not restore the page tree structure and you'll need to set that again.

There might be a way to remove all pages automatically from the database, but that I wouldn't advise since some SQL error can cause a huge problem.

To see all orphaned pages, you can go to the space admin, content tools and orphaned pages. This documentation explains a bit more.

I think that you'll need to remove the child page one by one, or create a new space and move all the pages you want to that space, removing the space in the end. That may mitigate the work to remove the pages. :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

It would be a nice feature though :-)

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2014

Hi Patrick,

I was searching in Atlassian bug tracker and I could find this feature one: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22995

I recommend to vote and watch it for future updates. ;)

Regards,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2014

@Patrick:

If you want to delete different subpages in one go (next time!), have a look at the following discussion and check out my instruction there:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/2883/delete-a-parent-page-and-its-child-pages

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

That's indeed a good work around. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events