It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Delete orphaned pages

Patrick Vanhoof Mar 31, 2014

Hi,

A user deleted a page with many subpages. All these subpages are now orphaned pages. How can I easily delete them all? Or is that not possible, do I have to delete them one by one?

I do not want to mess in the database.

Would a restore of the parent page from trash help?

Thanks,

Patrick

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Adami Atlassian Team Mar 31, 2014

Hi Patrick,

Since the root page was deleted, I believe that even restoring it would not restore the page tree structure and you'll need to set that again.

There might be a way to remove all pages automatically from the database, but that I wouldn't advise since some SQL error can cause a huge problem.

To see all orphaned pages, you can go to the space admin, content tools and orphaned pages. This documentation explains a bit more.

I think that you'll need to remove the child page one by one, or create a new space and move all the pages you want to that space, removing the space in the end. That may mitigate the work to remove the pages. :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Patrick Vanhoof Apr 01, 2014

It would be a nice feature though :-)

Rodrigo Adami Atlassian Team Apr 01, 2014

Hi Patrick,

I was searching in Atlassian bug tracker and I could find this feature one: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22995

I recommend to vote and watch it for future updates. ;)

Regards,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Steffen Heller Apr 01, 2014

@Patrick:

If you want to delete different subpages in one go (next time!), have a look at the following discussion and check out my instruction there:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/2883/delete-a-parent-page-and-its-child-pages

Patrick Vanhoof Apr 02, 2014

That's indeed a good work around. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,150 views 7 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you