Delete group from default workspace settings

nos_admin November 26, 2019

Add a group to default workspace access settings. It is wrong group. Now i can not delete it, because it say it need one group that is admin rights.

Of course the confluence-administrators is part of admins, but i can not add any other group.

Any idea, how to delete it?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hello @nos_admin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you!

In order to remove the confluence-administrators group, then you need to do the following.

1. Go to Confluence Administration > Groups (admin/users/browsegroups.action) and click Add Group. Add your new group here (if you have not done so already.) Click Save.
  2. Go to Global Permissions section (admin/permissions/globalpermissions.action) and click Edit Permissions.
  3. Under Groups where it says Grant browse permission to, type the name of your new group. Click Add
  4. Now make sure to click the boxes to grant global permissions to the new group. This group will now have full administrative rights over the entire Confluence instance. It requires this in order to replace confluence-administrators group completely.
  5. Scroll down and click Save all.
  6. Go back to Groups and click Delete next to confluence-administrators.

I have tested this and confirm it works on my Confluence 7.0.4 instance. If you still encounter the error, can you show me your Global Permissions settings and let me know your confluence version?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events