Delete a user space of non existing user

Onno Cleijpool May 23, 2018

Hi there,

I have a user space in my confluence of a user who left. His account has been removed, but his space still exists. It is confusing and I like to delete it as administrator. However I don't have the access rights to do so. Not via a manual approach, not via a query. 

Anybody a suggestion?

Thanks,

Onno

2 answers

1 vote
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

HI @Onno Cleijpool,

You may need to first reactivate the user; find the user in User Management and click the link to Activate. You should be able to access the space once the user is active and delete it. (You probably need to be the site-admin to do this.)

-Scott

Onno Cleijpool May 24, 2018

I will try to recreate it, the user has been deleted so I can't reactivate it. 

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2018

Hi @Onno Cleijpool,

as an admin, you should see the personal space in the space directory:

http://<your-confluence-url>/spacedirectory/view.action

From there, open the space and then edit the permissions (or delete the space on the overview tab)

Onno Cleijpool May 23, 2018

Hmm that doesn't seem to do the trick. It points me at a dead link! Also if I try to enter the space it immediately tells me that I need permission to enter the private space.

Any other tricks :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events