Define global space templates

Sandro Burn May 17, 2023

Hi everyone, 

I am the site admin (confluence cloud) and I would like to define some general space templates. So if I am creating a new space for a project, the new project generate should have predefined pages and also the correct naming. Is there a way to define like a template space for this? 

Right now I have only found page templates and the space blueprints, but I haven't found a way to define my own template for a space.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Sandro Burn - Welcome to the community! 

I found this article that may help you create a template in a space. Take a look: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-template/ 

I hope this helps! 

Sandro Burn May 22, 2023

Hi @Summer_Hogan 
Thanks a lot for the link. It's not exactly what I am searching for. Basically, the idea is to create a couple of page templates and a space template. For example, a new space should always have a page called 00_Meetings and the meetings page should be based on the meeting template.

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2023

Hi @Sandro Burn - sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Is this maybe what you are looking for? https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-space-from-a-template/ 

Sandro Burn June 5, 2023

@Summer_Hogan  Thanks for the new link. :-) 

Not sure if this is not the intent to use confluence like this, but I would like to create a unique template for my company. So instead of the "Product management" space, for example, I would like to create my own space template so that the team can use this one. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events