Default value to auto populate current date in date picker field for confluence forms macro.

Joshua Schneiderman December 17, 2018

Sorry I looked around to see if I could find a previous question about this, but I didn't find any that had what I was looking for. I also didn't find it in the macro FAQ. 

All I am trying to do is find the value to put into the default value field in the Date Picker macro in confluence forms so that it automatically populates the current date. 

E.G. My form auto populates the user filling out the form using $user.fullName as the default value. Is there an equivalent for current date? 

I have tried a few. $currentDate, $current.Date, currentDate, etc did not work. 

Thank you. :) 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi Joshua,

Try $today.

Joshua Schneiderman December 18, 2018

Thank you for responding. 

When I input that value it shows up on the form as $today and not the current date. 

Here is a screenshot. 

https://imgur.com/a/HVl3Gg2

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

It seems that you have not the latest version of Forms plugin (maybe this functionality isn't supported in your version). I tried it with 8.0.2:

Capture.PNG

Joshua Schneiderman December 19, 2018

Ours is a tad behind. Thank you very much. :) 

Ovidiu T September 15, 2021

Needed the same.

Not working for me, version 7.2.2, when setting "$today" I get "Date value is invalid or not in required range."

PS: not sure how Aleksandr Zuevich had version 8.0 in 2018; a typo perhaps? but then the above suggested answer doesn't work in version 7.2.2 which was released in Dec'2019.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events