Default template

How can i make a custom template the default to always show up on new pages - and/or switch the template after the page gets initially created? I have tried all sorts of things, including just the simple "include page tree on left" checkbox that comes with Confluence default template. But regardless of what i do, i always get a blank page.

But what i really want is to be able to have a default template, complete with sections, columns, preinserted macros in various places, and that comes up automatically whenever I add a new page. I can see how if i am on a page and click on the + key to add, i can select Page from Template, but if i have made an undefined link (as im trying to do everywhere as im totally all over the place in documenting my life here), when i click on that link, i get a blank page, and not any kind of premade page...and then i can't change it to the premade either.

any help on this? Seems like i must be missing something.

Thanks in advance.

John

5 answers

I don't have an answer, but wonder if you got the answer - I'd like to make a default page layout for 70+ users whom I support, can't get enough info from the Confluence documentation on how to insert a 'built-in' macro (attachments) to a global template, nor whether that global template becomes the default. If you've figured anything out, I'd love to hear it - thanks in advance!

-Claire

I'm also looking for the answer too

How to create an undefined link set to use a specific page template?

My questions is here (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/80549/is-it-possible-to-link-to-a-not-already-created-undefined-page-in-confluence-from-an-external-site)

Hi there, this is also, what I want to do! We have a list of software modules to write a documentation for. It would be great, if this module can be described by clicking the link opening a default template to have a structured documentation.

Is it possible or a planned feature?

-Kai

Has this ever been resolved?   Standard wiki's allow for undefined pages to default to a new template.  I must be missing something here.

I don't have an answer but need to know if this is possible. I am trying to mass create confluence pages by using the import word document functionality. The pages will not contain anything (just the title) and I have a custom template which I would like to be applied to the new pages created by the import. I don't know if changing the default template for the space will work in this case but would certainly like to try

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

902 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you