Default color

Silke Baumgarten August 5, 2020

How can I change the default text color in confluence? Or how can we change the color sceme, where you can pick the color you want your text in?

Why do we need it?

We change the color of the text for example to show changes in documents to colleagues to pink. After the colleague has seen the changes we want to change the color back to the default color so the document has one color.

Now the problem: the default text color is not in the box where you can choose what color you want. So all our documents have different colors in it because the default color is not available. It looks nearly the same but it is not a oerfect match.

Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2020

The default text color (learned this the hard way) is actually the very dark grey on your color palette (assuming you used the same out-of-the-box Confluence color scheme I am)

2020-08-05 09_07_07-Add Page - Siemer, Heather L - CHALK.png2020-08-05 09_09_53-Add Page - Siemer, Heather L - CHALK.png

Charlie October 6, 2022

Exactly what I needed, thank you.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2020

Hi Silke, welcome to the Community!

Provided there's not other formatting involved, you could also consider clearing the formatting on a section. This resets the color back to the default:

image.png

If there's other formatting involved however, @Heth Siemer 's suggestion of choosing the right color from the palette will mean less effort is involved.

For the use case you've outline though, I'm wondering if the Page Comparison Views that come as a feature in Confluence might be useful. Details are available on this article if you're unfamiliar. In short, you could select two versions of the page (any previous version and the most current version, as an example) to compare. Your colleagues could then see the changes between the versions highlighted automatically, with no need to modify the actual page formatting:

image.pngCheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events