Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decisions log does not record owner or stakeholder

Stefan Kragh June 24, 2019

Using the decisions template I'm unable to have @ mentions mirror in the decisions log. Did the decision (log) template break somewhere along the way? I decluttered the template a bit but it doesn't appear to have been working before that. 

Even when adding stakeholder in the first step of using the decisions template it won't populate the stakeholder column below.

Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 15.16.14.png

2 answers

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2019

Hello there!
This is a strange situation indeed, Stefan. I tried to replicate the issue locally but, I was ultimately unable to. Everything worked according to plan.
Here I have two screenshots of that:

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 14.06.13.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-25 at 14.06.21.pngFirst thing we can start checking is if the Row Name was not changed in your Decisions page. By default, the row we are talking about is called Stakeholders. If the Decisions page does not have this, no value will be shown in the Decision Logs. For this, we will need to edit the page:

1. Go to the Decision page
  2. Click Edit
  3. Check that the table has the Stakeholders row
  4. If it does not, include it

Further, on the Decision Log page, we can check which columns the Page Properties Macro is looking after. To do this, we will need to edit the page as well:

1. Go to the Decision Log page
  2. Click Edit
  3. Click the Page Properties Report macro
  4. Click to edit
  5. Click More... under Options
  6. Check the values under Columns to show

Stefan, could you clarify a few points for us?

1. Are you on Confluence Server or Confluence Cloud?
  2. Is this happening only with newly created Decision pages?
  3. Are you able to see the stakeholders for Old Pages?
  4. When did you first face this situation?

Let us hear from you Stefan. Looking forward to your reply!

Nik April 2, 2020

I had the same issue as Stefan.

The problem is that the template that gets created *doesn't* have those row labels but instead it has *driver* and *contributors*, which I naturally assumed would map to *owner* and *stakeholders* respectively.

I wouldn't have thought of renaming them - I just assumed it didn't work. Renaming them though, as you suggested, fixed the situation.

The current status quo is misleading. Lots of others will have the same issue. Please fix the template to start with correct row labels - why would you start it with different ones to begin with? Or at least map them correctly.

Cheers

Like Liz LaBrocca likes this
Erick Peimbert May 13, 2020

Yep, same issue here, please fix

Daniel Mackay July 2, 2020

Same issue here.

Warda Moosa August 20, 2020

Hi Diego,

Even after checking all the steps above, the decision log table is still blank. Any other suggestions?

0 votes
Liz LaBrocca November 10, 2020

Nik above is right. The default Decisions template doesn't start with the right labels. 

Here's the default rows available in the template: 

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.41.59 PM.png 

I changed "Approver" to "Stakeholders":

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.50.47 PM.png

And now it works on the Decision Log Display. 

I agree that an update to the default template should be made to avoid this kind of confusion. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events