Decision Report in confluence side and subsides

Robert Klein December 23, 2020

I would be nice if there were the option to get not only all decisions of a Space or more Spaces.

I need all decisions of one side an all containing subsides. With the actual filter properties I can‘t do that. Maybe I’m doing something wrong,

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

Hi @Robert Klein,

I'm not sure what you mean by sites and subsites. Confluence is organised in Spaces and pages.

In the first box, you select indeed one or more of those spaces and the macro will retrieve all decisions in all pages of the selected space(s). Apart from the option to select specific spaces by their space name, you can also use Site spaces, Favourite spaces and Personal spaces to dynamically retrieve decisions from all those spaces.

The filter options below are there to then further refine your selection. When you select multiple spaces in the first box, that does indeed only make sense if your search pages by something shared across those sites, such as label or type.  

Robert Klein December 29, 2020

yes for Spaces it work‘s fine.

but what I mean is...

One Space has many Pages organized in the Page tree .. so my need is ... There is a Page in the tree for example in second Level ... and I want only to get decision from this Page and all Pages below (subpages)

Like Kyle likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Hi @Robert Klein,

There's a couple of ways to approach this. Assuming your page tree looks like this:

Demo Space

> Level 1 / page 1

• Page 2
  • Page 3
  • Page 4

> Level 1 / page 5

• Page 6
  • Page 7

If you want a decision report of Level 1 / page 1 and all its child pages, you can configure the macro as follows:

Add the macro on the Level 1 / page 1 page and specify the following:

• Space: current space
  • Additional filter: with parent - current page

Even if you put your macro on another page (e.g. Level 1 / page 5) you can reach the same result by replacing current page in the additional filter with the explicit Level 1 / page 1.

Yes - I hear you say; but then the decisions on Level 1 / page 1 won't be shown by the macro. And that is correct. Usually pages higher up in the page tree are overview pages and maybe for that reason shouldn't have decisions on them. So in that case, that might already solve the problem.

But if you still want those pages to have decisions on them AND want those to appear in the macro, a workaround may be to add a same label to Level 1 / page 1 and all its child pages. As an example, say decisions. Then configure your decision macro like this:

Add the macro on the Level 1 / page 1 page and specify the following:

• Space: current space
  • Additional filter: label - decisions

That method helps you overcome limitations of the hierarchy in your space.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events