Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format on Confiform import API

C September 18, 2019

I have a CSV file with 100's of rows ready to import to a new confiform.

I am trying to import the data using the Import API and the dates are not importing

When I used dd-mm-yyyy or MMM-dd-yyyy as the format then the date all come through as 1st Jan 1970

I have tried MMM dd, yyyy - but this throws the C of the CSV file  

I have tried "dd/MMM/yy h:mm a" and "dd/mmm/yy h:mm am/pm" but they both throw errors... 

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C September 20, 2019

Solved this myself using MMM dd, yyyy

You need to make sure there are no commas in the excel file except in the date which is in the format MMM dd, yyyy

Then Find and Replace the commas with "|"

The save the CSV and open it in word 

Now Replace All commas with tilda ("~")

and then replace the "|" with commas - save the CSV file

Then when you use the import make sure you change the Delimiter on the API to ~

I think it would have been easier if the Import API worked with dates from an excel file

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

The format is the same as you have defined in your Confluence or the timestamp (numeric value)

C June 1, 2021

Hey Alex,

The date format in the Confiform is MMM dd, yyyy

The date format in my excel file is MMM dd, yyyy

But it wont upload correctly unless I do the steps I called out - should the API be able to work with Excel? 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Yes, Import API works with excel files

C June 1, 2021

HI Alex

That's great - but would you be able to post an excel file with dates in MMM dd, yyyy that would work? Mine still dont work.

Thanks!!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

I dont quite understand what is the issue... here is my quick test http://recordit.co/JRs8bvfiLZ 

(community does not allow me to upload anything but the images, so I cannot give you the excel file - but you can see it in the screencast)

C June 1, 2021

I did exactly what you did - but I get this result.date import 2.PNGdate import.PNG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

But your date in excel file does not match the formatting pattern you have - MMM dd, yyyy

Don't you see that?

C June 3, 2021

Hi

On that one yes - I did a quick example - here are other

Test 2.2.PNGTest 2.1.PNGTest 2.PNG

I have entered the customer format in excel as MMM dd, yyyy, but it saves it as mmm dd, yyyy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events