Date a space was last modified

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2012

I am creating a report about all spaces in a Confluence instance using the reporting plugin.

I would like to show the las time the space was "touched" (page edited, commented, file attached).

The plugin has a Space supplier but the modification date it prints doesn't match my expectations (seems that this date is the last time some space related info was updated, not the space content date).

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2012

The Space's modification date will reflect that last time the space's own metadata was updated (space name, space description, etc.).

You'll need to use the PageManager, CommentManager and AttachmentManager to piece together recently updated content in each space. There are methods on each of these interfaces to retrieve recently updated content for a particular space.

I don't think there's any easy way to aggregate this all together via the API, unfortunately.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2012

Hi, I was able to get this report using the reporting plugin, it's sort of complex but it does its job.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2012

That sounds like a better solution - nice one :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events