Date Counter for Documents

mybucket2018 June 30, 2016

I'm investigating to find out if it is possible to create a date counter for Confluence for when a page has been created and modified (see example below). We are on a tight budget so we can't fork out money to pay for such feature. I was wondering if it possible to achieve this with User Macro?

PageCounter.jpg

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

Obviously the Archiving Plugin would be more robust, but here's a user macro that would fulfill your requirements:

## @param LimitDays:title=# of days until outdated|required=true|type=int|default=30|desc=This is the number of days until the info box will show as a warning box
#set ( $limitDays = 30)
#set ( $daysSinceCreated = ($action.dateFormatter.calendar.timeInMillis - $content.creationDate.time ) / (1000*60*60*24) )
#set ( $daysSinceLastModified = ($action.dateFormatter.calendar.timeInMillis - $content.lastModificationDate.time ) / (1000*60*60*24) )
#set ( $limitDays = $generalUtil.convertToInteger($paramLimitDays).intValue() )
#if ( $generalUtil.isInLastDays($content.lastModificationDate, $limitDays) )
  #set ( $macroType = "info" )
#else
  #set ( $macroType = "warning")
#end
#if ( $daysSinceCreated >= 21 )
  #set ( $sinceCreatedString = ($daysSinceCreated / 7) + " weeks" )
#else
  #set ( $sinceCreatedString = $daysSinceCreated + " days" )
#end
#if ( $daysSinceLastModified >= 21 )
  #set ( $sinceLastModifiedString = ($daysSinceLastModified / 7) + " weeks" )
#else
  #set ( $sinceLastModifiedString = $daysSinceLastModified + " days" )
#end
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="$macroType">
  <ac:rich-text-body>
    <p>
      <span>This page was created </span><b>$sinceCreatedString</b><span> ago. </span>
    </p>
	<p>
      <span>This page hasn't been updated for </span><b>$sinceLastModifiedString</b><span>. </span>
    </p>
  </ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

Right now the default # of days is 30, but you can change that in lines 1 and 2 if you wish (you need to change both to the same value).

This is absolutely spot on. I am really grateful of the time you have spent putting this together for me. I still have such a long way to go before I master velocity. Where did you learn all this from?

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2016

Basically a ton of trial and error and looking at the work that others have done, specifically the other prolific user macro writers:

Andrew Frayling
Matthew Horn
Steve Goldberg
Davin Studer
Sandro Herrmann
(apologies if I missed someone)

Beyond this, take a look at these pages:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/user-macro-template-syntax-223906130.html

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/development-resources/confluence-architecture/confluence-internals/velocity-template-overview/confluence-objects-accessible-from-velocity

Take a look at the Javadoc for the objects accessible in Velocity (and some that aren't, since it's possible to import some extra classes), including Page/ContentEntityObject.

Also, it's good to look at the documentation for version 1.6 of Velocity (the one that's included in most versions of Confluence):

http://velocity.apache.org/engine/1.6/user-guide.html

For some extra ideas, I have a bunch of user macros in my Bitbucket repository:

https://bitbucket.org/stephendeutsch/confluence-user-macros

They're getting a bit old, but you should be able to get at least a few ideas smile

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2016

I don't know about your budget, but the Archiving Plugin has this feature.

46dfb7cd-76f7-4117-b269-2f23361fc426.png

Thanks for the suggestion. I did demo this a while ago and it seems really good. I would definatly look at this in the future.

0 votes
Daniel Vlad February 2, 2018

Hi,

i try to create a table macro in which two current report values can be displayed together.
"Metadata report" and "View of contributors" - see attachmend.

2018-02-02 Confluence01.jpg
Unfortunately, I do not succeed. I also have to admit that my programming experience is not very good.

The table should have 4 columns.
Page, process owner (metadata "prozessver"), date of last modify, counter "Last change before 30 days".

Can someone help me or give a tip on this?

I have tried this code, without success : (

## @param daysSinceLastModified:title=# of days until outdated|required=true|type=int|default=30|desc=This is the number of days until the page was modified

#set ( $daysSinceLastModified = ($action.dateFormatter.calendar.timeInMillis - $content.lastModificationDate.time ) / (1000*60*60*24) )
#set ( $descendantPages = $pageManager.getDescendents($content) )
#set( $prozessverantwortlicher = $metadataService.getMetadataValue(prozessver ) $!value

<table>
<tr>
<th>Page</th>
<th>Geändert von</th>
<th>Änderungsdatum</th>
<th>Geändert seit < 7d?</th>
</tr>
#foreach ( $page in $descendantPages )
<tr>
<td><a href="${req.contextPath}$page.urlPath"> $page.title </a></td>
<td> $prozessverantwortlicher </td>
<td> $action.dateFormatter.format($page.lastModificationDate) </td>
<td> $daysSinceLastModified </td>
</tr>
#end
</table>
0 votes

I would say give it 21 days which is 3 weeks. Thanks for your time helping me with this smile

I have been trying to find a solution for a while now but everything I try doesn't seem to work.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2016

Seems possible.  What should the limit be for when a # of days is displayed as # of weeks? Above it shows 9 days ago, which is more than 1 week.  Would the cutoff be at 2 weeks or something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events