Database Error 500 when upgrading to external MySql database

Randall Pinkston March 6, 2013

After using the internal hsql db, I'm in the process of converting our Confluence instance to MySql (on an AWS EC2 box). After entering in the db credentials I get an Apache Tomcat 500 error as follows:

HTTP Status 500

org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Could not execute query; uncategorized SQLException for SQL []; SQL state [3D000]; error code [1046]; No database selected; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: No database selected

On the "Configure Database" page, this is the information I enter for Database URL: jdbc:mysql://myawsec2.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306/. I don't enter the database name there (though maybe I should?) I also don't have the database name included in confluence.cfg.xml, as follows:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://myawsec2.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306/</property>

Should the database name be included in one/both of those locations? I feel like I've tried that, but I'm not positive. (I've tried both "jdbc:mysql://myawsdbname.myawsec2.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306/" and "jdbc:mysql://myawsec2.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306/myawsdbname/").

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Hi Randall,

Yes when setting up the database JDBC connection, you will have to specify the database URL along with the name as well. So for an example, I think the following database URL should work:

jdbc:mysql://myawsec2.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306/myawsdbname

Hence, can you kindly try to apply this and see if it helps?

If the problem remains, may I know how did you configure the database connection? Did you make changes directly to the confluence.cfg.xml?

Thanks.

0 votes
tfernandez9
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2015

I'm getting the same thing here?

I've tried 50 different ways to get this to work and I still get:

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

Any ideas?

When moving databases, is there anything else I need to do except re-direct the JDBC URL?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events