Dashboard refresh fail

Stardate: 030513:11.44CMBUK

Hello,

The All Updates tab on our dashboard is failing to update, the last time was on 01 May. But there's been loads of work done since then, so there's plenty that should be showing up.

Also, when I look at the Popular tab, there's more than one entry there from yesterday. This isn't a permissions issue as I can see all the spaces where the work is being carried out.

We ran a re-index last Friday, but the wiki's been working normally since then.

Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

Hello Mike, captain of the Enterprise. (I'm a fan of Star Trek too :D )

We have a documentation on debugging index, and we can have multiple reasons for why the index is not running.

Typically, indexing fails due to one of the following reasons:

Confluence runs out of memory.
Confluence runs out of disk space.
Permissions are incorrect in the <confluence-home>/index directory, see also Confluence can't write to index directory

This should give you a start. :)

If the issue persists after verifying those steps above, I believe the best is to open a support ticket for Atlassian as such we can investigate this behavior.

Warp one, engage!

Regards,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo,

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on and see what happens.

The odd thing is that other tabs are updating, so that seems to suggest that it's got enough memory etc to do some things. Is this possible?

Forgive my ignorance but if the All Updates tab fails to refresh properly, I wouldn't expect any of the others to either.

Cheers.

It's hard to tell what could be causing this strange behavior. Analyzing the application logs seems to be the best to search for the culprit on this issue... You may want to raise a support ticket for Atlassian support as such we can investigate better with the app logs.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo,

Thanks. I've passed on the info to the tech team, and am hoping to hear back from them asap. I've just noticed that we're having tribble trouble with our test instance too. Looks like the indexing isn't working on either.

It's the search engine captain, it cannae take it! :)

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

93 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you