Cut-and-paste numbered list from Confluence to Outlook

I'm trying to cut-and-paste a simple numbered list from a confluence page over to an Outlook email.   It seems to drop the numbering.   Any ideas on how to work around this ?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

Never tried this before and i have to agree with you that this does not work. :'(

But I have found a workaround!

Export to pdf first and copy from the pdf should do the trick

Regards

Dave

Hmm, decent work-around, I guess.   Though seems like a pretty basic functionality that should work within confluence.    Any chance of a comittment from Atlassian on fixing this ?

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Sep 07, 2017

I tested with Confluence server 6.3.x and Confluence Cloud and I was able to paste numbered lists into Outlook 2011 email messages from both. May I know more about the versions of Outlook and Confluence you all are using?

I noticed that if I use plain text in Word, or paste the numbered list into a plain text editor like TextMate it does strip the numbers. is it possible your Outlook is configured to use plain text?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

400 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you