It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cut-and-paste numbered list from Confluence to Outlook

I'm trying to cut-and-paste a simple numbered list from a confluence page over to an Outlook email.   It seems to drop the numbering.   Any ideas on how to work around this ?

2 answers

Hi,

Never tried this before and i have to agree with you that this does not work. :'(

But I have found a workaround!

Export to pdf first and copy from the pdf should do the trick

Regards

Dave

Hmm, decent work-around, I guess.   Though seems like a pretty basic functionality that should work within confluence.    Any chance of a comittment from Atlassian on fixing this ?

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Sep 07, 2017

I tested with Confluence server 6.3.x and Confluence Cloud and I was able to paste numbered lists into Outlook 2011 email messages from both. May I know more about the versions of Outlook and Confluence you all are using?

I noticed that if I use plain text in Word, or paste the numbered list into a plain text editor like TextMate it does strip the numbers. is it possible your Outlook is configured to use plain text?

I'll try to remember to use one of these approaches. MS Office and Altlassian products are fixtures in our landscape. Although I am biased in favor or Altlassian, Confluence and Jira are making me, a Unix guy, appreciate the maturity of Microsoft products.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

3,764 views 15 37
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you