Cut-and-paste numbered list from Confluence to Outlook

cburkins August 31, 2017

I'm trying to cut-and-paste a simple numbered list from a confluence page over to an Outlook email.   It seems to drop the numbering.   Any ideas on how to work around this ?

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Adams April 15, 2019

I'll try to remember to use one of these approaches. MS Office and Altlassian products are fixtures in our landscape. Although I am biased in favor or Altlassian, Confluence and Jira are making me, a Unix guy, appreciate the maturity of Microsoft products.

0 votes
Dave Bosman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hi,

Never tried this before and i have to agree with you that this does not work. :'(

But I have found a workaround!

Export to pdf first and copy from the pdf should do the trick

Regards

Dave

cburkins September 7, 2017

Hmm, decent work-around, I guess.   Though seems like a pretty basic functionality that should work within confluence.    Any chance of a comittment from Atlassian on fixing this ?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

I tested with Confluence server 6.3.x and Confluence Cloud and I was able to paste numbered lists into Outlook 2011 email messages from both. May I know more about the versions of Outlook and Confluence you all are using?

I noticed that if I use plain text in Word, or paste the numbered list into a plain text editor like TextMate it does strip the numbers. is it possible your Outlook is configured to use plain text?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events