Customize the Editor Tool bar

Ryosuke August 31, 2017

Hi. Is there any way to customize the Editor Tool Bar in Confluence?

Wish to add some macros as in the attached pic.

It makes me quite tired to add a macro each time by selecting

1.Insert more content

2.Other macros

3.Search macros

4.Select Macro

Editor Tool Bar.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi Ryosuke,

Which macro are you looking to add to the toolbar? A quicker way might be to type { in the Confluence page and then the name of the macro. This way, you don't need to use the Insert more content option each time.

Otherwise, there's a tutorial on our Developer site that could help you. It is for an older version of Confluence but you may be able to work with it on your instance:

Adding an option to the editor insert menu

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Ryosuke September 2, 2017

Thank you for your reply Shannon.

I have to change(show)all the existing page titles in English and Japanese for Japan and other countries employees, so trying to use Japanese macro, English macro, and Pagetitle macro.

Quite tough to do it in around a hundred pages, but typing the macro name directly as you advised seems to be much easier. I'll try it.

>Adding an option to the editor insert menu

Hmm. It seems a little difficult to me. I'll ask our Admin for help.

Thanks!!

Regards

Ryosuke

Like Selim Tougui likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2017

Ryosuke,

You're welcome! Since you'd be changing the way that Confluence was written it would require you to edit the source files as in the developer documentation.

Do let us know how it goes or if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Selim Tougui April 20, 2023

Thanks for the questions and the useful answer, it would be great for future Confluence version to provide an easy way to customized the tool bar :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events