Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize my Confluence Cloud with my own CSS

Igor Paiva November 24, 2016

Hello guys,

We have a Confluence Cloud but we don't know how to customize Confluence. Is it possible? If possible, what is the pass-to-pass.

Thanks!

4 answers

6 votes
Richard Hodsdon February 13, 2019

Hi, so this was posted in another thread but posting here too:

It seems that in the current cloud you can put this into the footer code and it works.

{style}
[class^='SpaceCustomSettingsBlockComponent_unsupportedMacros'] {
display: none;
}

code {
color: #c0341d;
}
{style}
Jonathan August 16, 2019

Actually, it does. Thanks a lot for this cool hack.

Like Dixelle Sequeira likes this
kai-suehiro December 18, 2019

I was in trouble with the same thing.
Thank you for the advice.

Dixelle Sequeira September 30, 2020

Thank you for the hack, @Richard Hodsdon. It works!

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2016

An easy way to start is with the Div and Stylesheet macros.

Igor Paiva November 25, 2016

@Milo Grika,

I want customize all of my concluence. No only pages! 

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2016

Hi Igor,

In the Look and Feel options you can change the global colour scheme, the site logo and the favicon.  There are also themes you can download and apply to the whole application, or just to individual spaces.

However, there is a limit to what you can do in the Cloud version of Confluence.  For example, the HTML macro doesn't work in Cloud because of the potential for a security breach. If you search for "css" for Confluence in the Atlassian Marketplace, these are the results and there are a few there that look like they would help you achieve what you want.  But if you filter by Cloud hosted, only 1 of those plugins works on server (and it's for showing mathematical equations, which isn't useful for you.)

So, you've got the Look and Feel options and the Content Tools > Sidebar, Header and Footer option that I mentioned, and the macros that Milo mentioned.  But those are the only options, especially when it comes to using CSS.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2016

Hi Igor,

You can customise the sidebar, header and footer in the Content Tools > Sidebar, Header and Footer option.  Instructions for doing so are here.  You can do the same kind of thing for your whole instance by going to Confluence Administration and looking in the Look and Feel options on the left hand side.

Igor Paiva November 25, 2016

@Rob Woodgate.

I want customize all of my concluence. No only pages! Customize all structure. Example: Refined Themes, but with my CSS.

Genevieve (Refined Partner Manager) November 29, 2016

Hey Igor,

Just in case you weren't aware we have released in BETA Refined Theme for Confluence Cloud. You're welcome to check it out https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.refinedwiki.confluence.cloud.refinedtheme/cloud/overview

Best regards, Genevieve / RefinedWiki

Petro Romanchuk August 16, 2018

Hello @Rob Woodgate,

I use Confluence Cloud and can see Sidebar, Header and Footer section, I see the only Header and Footer section, paste CSS code there, but don't get any result. Could you please explain me step-by-step how did your resolve it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events