Customize Table in Confluence PDF Export

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

Hi there,

i would like to edit the global PDF Export Template in Confluence, so that tables will fit to the page.

At the moment, bigger tables will be cut off the page on the right side, because single columns won't do a break.

i tried with

table { 
    table-layout:fixed;
}

but this affects only smaller tables and changes their width to the page.

Bigger tables still get cut off on the right side and will not be adjusted to the page size.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

HI Alexander,

I tried the following on my PDF stylesheet:

table 
{
table-layout:auto !important;
width: auto !important;
}

This allowed all 13 columns to be displayed on a single page and none were cut off as they would have been previously. Perhaps this will help you?

Regards,

Shannon

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hi Shannon,

doesn't work with my tables :-(

But i tried a bit with test tables and could find the "error". The problem is that if you have a long text in one column without space between the text (i.e. an URL), the text will have no break in the pdf export.

I attached two screenshots. One is the table in Confluence, doing automatic break in column 2. The other is the pdf export from that page. Column 2 will have no break in it, so it is not able to fix the table to the page.

Is this a bug, or am i able to do a workaround?

Regards,

Alex

confluence_table.JPG

confluence_table_export.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events