Customize Confluence editing toolbar

Is it possible to customize the editing toolbar in Confluence? We use the Code macro very often and I'd like to have a button in the toolbar instead of having to open Insert --> Other Macros and search for the Code macro.

2 answers

You can hack it with jQuery.

Add the following to your Custom HTML:

<!-- Replace "Table of Contents" macro in editor's "Insert" drop down list with "Code" -->
AJS.$('li.dropdown-item.macro-toc').attr('data-macro-name','code');
AJS.$('a#toc.item-link').attr('title','Insert Code macro');
AJS.$('a#toc.item-link').text('Code');

The key is the data-macro-name. Setting that to "code" invokes the macro browser and selects the Code macro automatically.

Note: I tried to use append() to add a new macro to the end of the list, but could not get it working. Maybe someone can step in and debug this?

AJS.$('#macro-insert-list').append('<li class="dropdown-item macro-toc" data-macro-name="code"><a id="code" class="item-link" title="Insert \'Code\' macro" href="#"><span class="icon "></span>Code</a></li>');

BTW, this is on Confluence 4.2.3. If you have a different version of Confluence, the style names might be slightly different.

One good workaround is to hit left open curly brace `{` and then start typing the name of the command, e.g. `{code` for code blocks. This opens a filter dropbox which you can then navigate with Up, Down, Enter or the mouse.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,146 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you