Customising Page Tree Macro to break up content

Dan_Lear October 23, 2017

Hi,

For a Confluence intranet-style application I want to use Page Tree for a number of different main "sections" all children of the same homepage.

E.g.

• Section1
    • Section1_Child1
    • Section1_Child2
    • etc
  • Section2
    • Section2_child

On the homepage I would like individual pagetrees for each main section, eg with Section1 being visible as the 'top' of the tree.

Hope I've explained this clearly enough to get some help.

3 answers

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

In the page tree macro edit settings, are you setting the start depth to a higher number to include child pages? 

Dan_Lear October 24, 2017

That doesn't help I'm afraid.

I want to specify the start page to be displayed and it's children.  If I select the "start page"  as the root page then that doesn't display (only the children), and if I select @home at the root then all child pages display.

treeview2.png  

0 votes
Dan_Lear October 23, 2017

Thanks Gregory,

I tried that and if I specify the root page a "Section1" (in my example above) it only displays the children of "Section1", not section1 and it's children.
If I set root page as @home then it displays all the Sections in the 1 Page Tree.

Does that make sense?

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Sounds like you want to use multiple page tree macros on one page, and set the root page level on each one to be where you need it to go.

Does that sound right to you?

rootpage.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events