Customised page tree in the sidebar shows the prefix of the page

Chisung Bae April 16, 2023

In the Look and Feel tab of the Space Tools, I added the Pagetree macro to the sidebar.

It works well, I can customize the sidebar with the page tree.

However, the thing is the page tree macro shows the prefix which is automatically inserted to prevent page name conflict.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chisung Bae April 17, 2023

I found a solution.

Currently, the page name prefix is not being shown in the page tree of a normal page, but it is visible page tree macro in the sidebar. As a workaround, I created a space page tree and included it in the sidebar, which works fine but is a bit slower than directly adding the macro to the sidebar.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no "prefix" in Confluence, you are inserting something into the title.  So there's no way the pagetree macro can hide them, it can only show you what you have put in.

The only way to fix this is to come up with a better naming scheme, one that's built around having unique page names (note that this will also improve your search, as prefixing is reducing the weight of the page title)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events