I am trying to create a Status Dashboard page for my organization that shows info from the most recent status of our customer implementation projects. Currently, we create a new "status update page" for each customer each week as a child of the main customer page. I am wondering if there is a way to pull a section from only the most recent "status update page" and display that section on the top level dashboard without manually updating the dashboard each week to point to a new page? Also, we need to keep a record of past "status update pages".
Any help with how this might work would be much appreciated. The primary goal is to create a top-level dashboard that automatically shows the most recent "Status Update".
Below is a view of the (current) Customer Home Dashboard. 2nd image is the section I want to include from the most recent update page for each customer.
Dashboard with all customers
Customer Home Dashboard.png
Status update page for Customer A
Customer A status update page.png
I am making good progress but have run into some questions I am hoping you can assist with. I have created a test dashboard and am linking to status updates using Page Properties Macros (one of which is inside an Expansion Macro, and I have expanded the top but not the bottom in the attached image).
My questions are as follows:
1) PINK BOXES: Why are these text sizes different, and can I change this? They are the same size on the original pages.
2) GREEN BOXES: I want to display info from only the most recent update. Is there a way to do this with minimal manual effort for each update? I have 2 potential options below, do you know of any others?
On the top customer, I am linking through a label called status_update and limiting the display to one result. This displays only the most recently updated page, but because there are other un-displayed status update pages, it results in the pagination (gross).
For the bottom customer, I added an additional filter label of "current" to only the most recent update page. This displays how I would like it to, but requires manually changing the labels each time.
Thanks for your help and guidance!
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.41.39 PM.png
Glad it's working for you, even if it's not quite perfect yet.
1) PINK BOXES - Check the Heading Style in the tables in the Page Properties macro to make sure that they're both identical, and that you don't have the Bold button or Column header button switched on in one of them. Also check that the Page Properties Report macro is set to a heading style of Paragraph.
2) GREEN BOXES In the Page Properties Report options, you can add additional filters. If you select Last Modified you can limit it to a date range, which might be an option if you're only updating the latest one. You've also got the Created option, so if you're creating a new status update page each week you could filter on that instead.
It is looking good!
Thank you for the Heading Style clue of the Page Properties Macro itself, that was the issue and now it is resolved.
For the GREEN issue, we are creating a new page each time. The Created option gives me options of "within the last week" which may work out, but is not quite the "last created" that I am looking for. I think we may end up manually controlling it with a label for now and trying to phase in some automation if it goes well.
Thanks again for all your help, it was incredibly valuable and the page is looking good.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team! July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures — and as an extension of our first post on what ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs