Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Access

Mark Godfrey February 16, 2021

Is it possible to allow customers read only access to my linked Confluence Articles without logging in to the Jira service desk?  I should point out I am on a free plan at this time.

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the community! 

You should be able to do this with Anonymous Access: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/set-up-public-access/

May I ask what you are trying to accomplish with Confluence? Who are the end users? Is any of the information security sensitive? 

Best,

Clark

Mark Godfrey February 16, 2021

Hi Clark.  These are product support articles in confluence for our customers use so there is no confidential data held.  Just public information to help customers use our product.

Thanks

Mark

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Hi Mark,

Anonymous access is the way to go there. However, anyone you grant access to have the ability to create content in those pages should be trained on restrictions and verifying they are adding content to the correct space. Confluence has alot of permissions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/assign-space-permissions-139460.html#:~:text=If%20you%20are%20the%20administrator,basis%2C%20or%20using%20Confluence%20Groups.&text=Go%20to%20the%20space%20and,Choose%20Edit%20Permissions.

In addition if people go to create a page using shortcuts etc depending where they are, it may create the page in an undesired place. Thus temporarily making content that shouldn't be seen available (or well until it's caught).

Hope this makes sense!

Oh side note I forgot to mention. Whenever you create a post in the community, if your instances are tied to the account you are messaging from, it shares those details (like free versus paid etc)!

Best,

Clark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events