Custom word export button

Igor Deruga March 19, 2012

Greetings!

I'd like to customise the "export to word" function as described in your official help document (using CSS styles). But the problem is that I'd like to do that only for a certain subset of my pages. I want the rest to be exported in the usual way. I thought that adding another type of export (with another set of CSS rules) would be very helpful, so that user could choose which type of export (regular or specification in my case) he/she wants to perform.

Could you please direct me to any resource on this topic? I googled a lot and I've checked in this forum - didn't get any answer.

Thanks a lot!

Igor

2 answers

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

There is a new plugin Intelligent Reporter which allows you to create as many templates as you like, formatting and laying them out in Word itself. You can also choose exactly which fields to export, and where they should appear in the document.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.clariostechnology.intelligentreports

0 votes
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2012

Just for brainstorming :

For that, you would "just" have to build a plugin, which offers a button in the EXTRAS menu. If you have sourcecode access, you could maybe clone the "standard word export" and build your own plugin ontop of that.

Or you check with the repository. There is an old "expot to word" plugin running aroung plugins.atlassian.com It never got very far and was buggy, but maybe the sourcecode is available. You coud start from there.

Alternatively, you check you the "Theme builder" from adaptavist to use certain themes for certain areas. At the most, you would need to create a "fassade" pagetree, importing the orignal pages and applying its own theme on them. maybe you dont need even that stunt.

Finally, you can assign "own" css-classes to your content in many places. You could use "user makros" to wrap the standard-macros with special CSS classes. Something like

mymacro = org-macro + mycssstyles

have fund checking this out and let us know, whats the best approach :)

Josh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events