Custom user macro not working on pdf space export

Deleted user July 8, 2013

I have the following maco that creates a table of information that includes, who edited the page, modification date, page name and version.

This macro works fine when applied to the page, it also works if you export just the page containing the macro.

However when you export the space, the table only shows the page on which the macro is applied.

Here is the code

## Macro title: Page Data
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: n/a
## Output: HTML
##
## Developed by: Brian Mitchell
## Date created: 06/27/2013
## @noparams

#set ($PageTitle = $content.displayTitle)
#set ($PageVersion = $content.version)
#set ($PageDate = $action.dateFormatter.formatGivenString("dd MMM yyyy", $content.lastModificationDate))
#set ($PageAuthor = $content.lastModifierName)
#set ($pageListArray = [])
#set ($currentPage = $action.page)

#macro ( process $rp )
  #set ($pagelist = $rp.getSortedChildren() )  ## returns List<Page>
  #foreach( $child in $pagelist )
    #set($p = $pageListArray.add( $child ) )
    #if( $child.hasChildren() )
      #process ( $child )
    #end
  #end
#end

#process ( $currentPage)

<h1> Confluence Page Versions </h1>
<table class="confluenceTable">
 <tbody>
 <tr>
  <th class="confluenceTh">Page Title</th>
  <th class="confluenceTh">Page Version</th>
  <th class="confluenceTh">Date</th>
  <th class="confluenceTh">Changed By</th>
 </tr>

<tr>
<td>$PageTitle</td>
<td><a href=http://confluence.mango.local/pages/viewpreviousversions.action?pageId=$content.getIdAsString()>$PageVersion</a></td>
<td>$PageDate</td>
<td>$PageAuthor</td>
</tr>

#foreach( $child in $pageListArray)   ## child is of type Page
   <tr>
     <td class="confluenceTd">$child.getTitle()</td>
     <td class="confluenceTd"><a href=http://confluence.mango.local/pages/viewpreviousversions.action?pageId=$child.getIdAsString()>$child.getVersion()</a> </td>
     <td class="confluenceTd">$action.dateFormatter.formatGivenString("dd MMM yyyy", $child.getLastModificationDate())</td>
     <td class="confluenceTd">$child.getLastModifierName()</td>
   </tr>
 #end

</tbody>
</table>

Does anyone know why this is the case?

4 answers

0 votes
Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

Is there solution for that?

I've user macro to customize CSS during export to PDF. And this macro applied during export single page to PDF but when I try to export space or several pages from space it doesn't work.

0 votes
Mango ICT September 16, 2013

The File > Print solution will not work as the macro works fine was exporting a single page.

The problem occurs when you export a entire space, the page on which the macro sits is not rendered.

Exporting that very same page indivdually is not a issue, but we have a lot of people exporting entire spaces to create documents so we need this macro to be reliable when exporting.

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Brian,

I tried out your macro and it works fine for me with the standard PDF Export option. It also works fine with the Scroll PDF Export plugin.

What version of Confluence are you using? We're on 4.2.1.

@ Sean - the Velocity code in Brian's macro is all executed server-side by Confluence before the PDF Export process does its stuff. There's no client-side code (i.e. javascript) so what is seen in the browser ought to be included in the PDF too.

Regards,

Charles

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2013

If your macro is dynamically creating content then most likely the pdf isn't rendering the script when it's creating it's printout. I suggest you use the File > Print > Save to PDF. This will convert the page as you see it once everything is loaded, instead of recreating the pdf from scratch like the export link does.

Deleted user September 16, 2013

Well exporting just the page is not a issue, the problem occurs when exporting a entire space.

Its because something is not being run when exporting the space, however i have had a thought.

If i can add something in to the macro that allows the user to decide what page it uses as its head page and the macro scans everything below that and populates the table that might work.

This is effectivly hard coding the first page in rather than using

#set ($currentPage = $action.page)

I found this out by setting this to entire space and the export worked so if i could allow the user to set the page on which is scans from it might work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events