Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom macro - start and end date of the issue to be displayed on a Confluence page

Anna O. August 28, 2020

Hi everbody, 

we want to display start and end date of a project on a Confluence page (while this data is all in Jira). 

• Does anyone use it like this?
  • We got a recommendation to build a custom macro with Scriptrunner, but since I am new to programming, should someone help me with the code block?

Thanks a lot!

Best, Anna

Here is what the support of Scriptrunner recommended:

I believe the best path forward would be to create a Custom Macro that interacts with the Jira API, specifically the Get Issue Endpoint, to retrieve your desired Jira issue properties and the present this information within a table, which you can create following the example here

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

If you simply want to display some fields from an issue in Jira in a tabular format you should use the Jira macro. You supply the macro a JQL query or filter and then tell it what fields you want to display in the resulting table.

Anna O. September 1, 2020

Hi Davin, 

thanks to your proposal!

Start and end date of an issue are in our case custom fields. So I dont see any possibility right now to display custom fields in Confluence. Or do you know how to do it?

As far as I can see, there are available colums: key, summary, issue type, created, updated, due date, assignee, reporter, priority, status, resolution --> please compare the screenshot.

Thanks in advance!

Best, 

screenshot columns in confluence.pngAnna

Anna O. September 1, 2020

Here is for example the filter I created "Start Date" is not EMPTY AND "End Date" is not EMPTY AND issue = TS-507

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

The columns to display initially shows some pre-populated fields but you can change it. The "x" next to each field will remove it and if you place your cursor  at the end of the list and click you can add fields ... even custom fields.

Anna O. September 10, 2020

Thanks a lot David! This I did not know. You are awesome!

1 vote
Karen Hayden April 29, 2021

Using the Jira Issue/filter on a Confluence page and adding Custom Fields to the 'Columns to display' box, displays the column header but not the data. (When there is data present on the Jira.)

Is this a new bug?  Or any suggestions to resolve?

Reebs August 15, 2022

I am facing the same issue. Was this fixed? I have a custom date field which has data. But the Jira macros that I am using to pull the information in Confluence is showing the field name but not the actual data.

0 votes
MARTA SOFIA BARRETO February 3, 2023

I am facing the same issue. Is there any update ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events