Custom app for top navigation bar

Andrea Rinaldi November 5, 2021

Hi guys,

I would like to build a custom app for Confluence Cloud  that adds a second search box in the top navigation bar and search for contents in a private repository that we want to integrate within our official company Confluence Cloud instance.

Can I achieve this on the cloud version of Confluence? I'm searching in the documentation, but I cannot find anything useful to understand how to.

Thank you.

Regards,
Andrea

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrea Rinaldi November 8, 2021

We found out that with Atlassian Connect we can define WebPanels in the atl.general location that opens a GeneralPage for showing our custom search results.

In this way we are able to achieve what we were looking for, without bothering with Atlassian native top navigation bar.

Here are some links for people struggling over the same issue:

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2021

Hi @Andrea Rinaldi

We have two add-ons that let you modify the top navigation bars in Jira and Confluence. The Jira app is already available for Cloud, the Confluence app will soon be released for the Atlassian Cloud. You can have a look at it here: STAGIL Navigation for Confluence 

Having an additional search box could be a feature request for that app and you wouldn't have to build a whole new app. Because accessing/modifying the UI on the Atlassian Cloud needs workarounds. I am not sure if it would be possible from a technical perspective but if you are interested, please create a feature request on our support portal and our dev team can have a look at it.

Best,
Dan
STAGIL 

Andrea Rinaldi November 8, 2021

Thank you but we are not interested in other companies add-ons. We need to have full control on the add-on and it's behaviours. We'll keep deepening.

Like Daniel Fietta likes this
0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

@Andrea Rinaldi No, you can't achieve that in Confluence Cloud.

One thing you could do is to add an item to e.g. the three dot menu, which links to a custom search page.

Andrea Rinaldi November 5, 2021

Thank you. But it wouldn't be easily accessible for the users.

Vijay Pal July 27, 2022

Yes 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events