Custom Fields for User Groups

Seth Aldridge
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 23, 2014

Hi,

We have several customers who are going to access our Confluence pages as a source of documentation for their custom integration. This includes custom URL's for API Documentation, Custom Names, etc.

What I'm looking for is the ability to create a user group for each customer and have custom fields associated to that user group (API Key, Customer ID, product ID's, etc.)

We could then reference these values in the document so each customers documentation is specific to them. All API URL's would have their API Key associated. All integration code would have their customer information associated which would make things a lot simpler and would allow us to have some live samples the customer could actually use.

Looking at the docs it seems like there are only 2 user groups currently (admin, everyone else). Is this something that could be done, or a feature request that could be added?

1 answer

0 votes
John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2014

This is possible, but you need admin access at minimum, and at maximum you might need some third-party add-ons.

Creating new user groups is easy. Go to User Management > USERS & SECURITY > User Groups, then add the necessary user groups.

You'd then need something like ServiceRocket's Visibility add-on/macro to manage what content your users can and cannot see. Oh, and a bonus, the add-on is free!

Good luck, let me know if it works or if you need some help getting it to work properly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events