cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custmizing the global dashboard in confluence

Vijay Krishna B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

Hi,

I want to show a customized layout for my dashboard.There is some issues with redirection plugin in our wiki.

So I included the required layout(page) in global layout.Everything goes fine.

I need a help about this

1.I wanted to change the name of "Dashboard" to some thing else

2.In the "navigation bar" I want to show "Edit ,Share , Add(page,Blog post,comment ,attachment) ,Tools" items.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

2 answers

0 votes
Vijay Krishna B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2015

In Global layout.I replaced the below content with #if ($mode == "dashboard") #parse ("/decorators/includes/dashboard-navigation.vm") #requireResourcesForContext("dashboard") #rssautodiscovery($action.rssDescriptor) #permitSearchEngines() <div class="dashboard-group left"> <div class="dashboard-item welcome-message"> $action.welcomeMessage </div> #dashboard_renderGlobalActions("dashboardActionsId", ["system.dashboard"] ) #foreach ($webPanel in $webInterfaceManager.getDisplayableWebPanels("atl.dashboard.left", {})) <div class="dashboard-item"> $!webPanel.getHtml($req.getParameterMap()) </div> #end </div>## left <div class="dashboard-group right"> $helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{recently-updated-dashboard:showProfilePic=true}") </div>## right #else Replaced the above with this #if ($mode == "dashboard") #parse ("/decorators/includes/dashboard-navigation.vm") #requireResourcesForContext("dashboard") #rssautodiscovery($action.rssDescriptor) #permitSearchEngines() $helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{include:blogecommunity:Gli Strumenti Web 2.0 per la Conoscenza Diffusa}") #else In place of "#parse ("/decorators/includes/dashboard-navigation.vm")" I added "#parse ("/decorators/includes/content-navigation.vm")" .But it is not showing all the menu list.

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2015

Hello Vijay, could you post the markup from the current modified file to this to allow people to assist using what is already in place?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events