Custmizing the global dashboard in confluence

Hi,

I want to show a customized layout for my dashboard.There is some issues with redirection plugin in our wiki.

So I included the required layout(page) in global layout.Everything goes fine.

I need a help about this

1.I wanted to change the name of "Dashboard" to some thing else

2.In the "navigation bar" I want to show "Edit ,Share , Add(page,Blog post,comment ,attachment) ,Tools" items.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

2 answers

Hello Vijay, could you post the markup from the current modified file to this to allow people to assist using what is already in place?

In Global layout.I replaced the below content with #if ($mode == "dashboard") #parse ("/decorators/includes/dashboard-navigation.vm") #requireResourcesForContext("dashboard") #rssautodiscovery($action.rssDescriptor) #permitSearchEngines() <div class="dashboard-group left"> <div class="dashboard-item welcome-message"> $action.welcomeMessage </div> #dashboard_renderGlobalActions("dashboardActionsId", ["system.dashboard"] ) #foreach ($webPanel in $webInterfaceManager.getDisplayableWebPanels("atl.dashboard.left", {})) <div class="dashboard-item"> $!webPanel.getHtml($req.getParameterMap()) </div> #end </div>## left <div class="dashboard-group right"> $helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{recently-updated-dashboard:showProfilePic=true}") </div>## right #else Replaced the above with this #if ($mode == "dashboard") #parse ("/decorators/includes/dashboard-navigation.vm") #requireResourcesForContext("dashboard") #rssautodiscovery($action.rssDescriptor) #permitSearchEngines() $helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{include:blogecommunity:Gli Strumenti Web 2.0 per la Conoscenza Diffusa}") #else In place of "#parse ("/decorators/includes/dashboard-navigation.vm")" I added "#parse ("/decorators/includes/content-navigation.vm")" .But it is not showing all the menu list.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,104 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you